Over the last week or so I've been updating a lesson plan I published last year to use the new tour facility in GEarth. The above is an audio tour to show what the lesson plan is about.
New Materials: Download from my personal website under 'Brahmaputra Flooding....'. Features include:
- NEW Delivered via tours making use much simpler for the teacher
- Helpful notes on how to use GEarth for Newbie teachers
- Ideas for extension exercises for students
- Links human and physical geography considering effects of global warming
Design Notes on the Lesson Files:
- I added the 'press play to continue' screen overlay because I thought the user needed more visual feedback that the tour had paused/was playing.
- I turn elements on and off in my tours more than most people seem to. I think its good practise to annotate tours to help guide the user's eye to where they should be looking.
- I think the use of GEarth tours with pauses replaces the need for PowerPoint in this instance. Obviously it only works for certain situations but I know ESRI are developing even more tools to make other Virtual Globes more useful in presentations (you'll be able to import PowerPoint slides into their Virtual Globe)